2006-11-27

Recent Obssession: The SAS

I guess that the most powerful, yet dangerous things about the internet is that you can become a virtual expert on just about any subject overnight.

I sometimes get together with a Scottish friend of mine to "geek-out" and play Call of Duty all night long. In between pints and frags we chat about all kinds of stuff. He's told me a tonne of stories about his mate who is in the British Special Air Service (SAS). Then he lent me a book about the SAS in "Operation Desert Storm". Then he told me about the brit show "Ultimate Force" which is the guy equvalent of "Desperate Housewives". They fire guns and use words like: shite, trousers and lorry. I love it. Its even got Ross Kemp from "East Enders", a British soap opera, so you know that it has to be good. Just check this out:



Is that not the ultimate in Man-TV? Powerful plotlines ... powerful love ... Oh and tanks.

5 Comments:

Blogger Trish said...

It started out all quiet and then the guy walks away from the window and you see he's carrying a weapon. I thought the second guy was going to go all ape-shit b/c the first guy was asking the girl to go to a film, but no, he starts trying to encourage the first guy.


Robbie, I listened to the Blue Rodeo. They are excellent. I would love to see them live.

Tue Nov 28, 12:39:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Lenny said...

"Don't be afraid of the fear. Savour it"

Nice.

Will have to alert the Robeau to this show. His current obsession is the Brit series MI5. Heard of it? Me thinks you would like it.

Tue Nov 28, 08:19:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Robby Disco said...

Picture 2 memeber of THE REGIMENT [SAS] creeping through the woods. Suddenly 10 guys in camoflage jump out and the 2 member SAS team beat the crap out of them. Then SAS guy says, "You lot think that you can take on the Army's finest? Whaad a booncha wankers!"

Tracey, with dialog like that ... its hard to resist. I am sure the Robeau will be hooked. I'll be sure to checkout MI5. Is that the same as Spooks?

Trish, Blue Rodeo are pretty big in Canada ... they've been around for at least 10 years. I've seen them in large venues and small ... and they put on a great show either way.

Wed Nov 29, 09:03:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Lenny said...

Totally the same as Spooks!

By the way...I first saw Blue Rodeo live after they broke in Toronto in 1987 - I was in 7th grade!!!

Thu Nov 30, 11:08:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger Trish said...

Hey Robbie, Tracey,
Do you remember the show La Femme Nikita. I think it was filmed in Toronto. I was a huge fan of the show and there was a gorgeous actor on it who was French Canadian who played this, well, secret agent. Great show.

Thu Nov 30, 12:55:00 p.m. EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home