2006-11-09

Ding Dong the Witch is Dead!!

It is really great that Bush took a thumping and that the arrogant SOB, Rummy, is looking for a job as a defense lobbist.

Now I only hope that the Dems can fix Iraq, or at least stem the bleeding ... or things may get worse for them instead of better. It is a great opportunity for the Dems, but it will be hard to define a suitable fix for a complex problem and end the occupation with Joe Public satisfied. Too often we over-simplify things ... "just pull out of Iraq" ... and then what? Watch as Syria and Iran carve up Iraq the way the Russians and Germans carved up Poland during WWII?

I guess only time will tell ...

3 Comments:

Blogger Trish said...

I think the Dems have to draft an exit strategy of some kind, or the American voters will toss them in 2008. Bush isn't going to go for it, of course, but the the Dems have to offer an idea, even if it isn't a quick fix.

Thu Nov 09, 12:52:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Robby Disco said...

I agree totally. I guess the good news ... actually make that the GREAT news ... is that at least the good guys will now have a voice. And if Bush doesn't want to play ball ... well then that just makes him look bad.

Thu Nov 09, 03:58:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Lenny said...

I've been singing that song in my head ALL DAY. Then I see it here, too funny! Again, great minds!

I also agree with you guys on the exit strategy...the Dems need to come up with something, but I don't think they need to provide it right away. As long as it is a united vision from the party!

Thu Nov 09, 05:37:00 p.m. EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home